Center for Academic Excellence
The Center for Academic Excellence at Moravian University supports students and high impact educational practices, bringing together academic content tutoring, peer-assisted learning, writing support, pre-college and first-year student general education programming, workshops for students and faculty in foundational literacy skill development, and much more. The Center for Academic Excellence does not have a location to call home on campus just yet; in the meantime, existing academic support services listed below function similarly to how they have over the last few years and are spread across campus. The Academic Excellence Team looks forward to developing an inclusive interdisciplinary space for learners across Moravian University to collaborate, grow, and succeed together.
Services Offered to the Moravian Community
- Skills and Strategy Sessions are available for all undergraduate and graduate students in topics such as time management, learning from readings and lectures, and preparing and studying for tests and quizzes.
- Knack Tutoring: Students looking for additional assistance outside of the classroom are advised to consider working with a peer tutor through Knack. Moravian University has partnered with Knack to provide students with access to verified peer tutors who have previously completed this course. To view available tutors, visit moravian.joinknack.com
and sign in with your student account.
- Peer-Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) and Course Mentor Sessions are available for select courses, and students enrolled in those courses may use those scheduled sessions as frequently as needed through the Knack platform.
- The Quantitative Resource Center (QRC), located in SMC 335, is staffed by peer educators qualified to cover drop-in support for select introductory-level mathematics courses.
- The Language Resource Center (LRC) holds remote, scheduled, one-on-one sessions for students in Spanish, French and German, available through the Knack platform.
- The Writing Center welcomes all members of the Moravian University community. Writing Center Consultants work with writers on writing, broadly defined, in any genre produced for any course or Moravian-oriented project at any stage of the writing process. The Writing Center is located on the second floor of Zinzendorf Hall; however, because that is not an accessible space, students can request to meet with their Writing Consultant in Reeves Library when scheduling an appointment.
- Writing Fellows are undergraduate, course-embedded writing consultants who play a part in supporting the writing development and academic success of their peers at Moravian. Writing Fellows work with all First-Year Writing courses and many writing-intensive and writing-enriched courses across academic disciplines.
- The Writing at Moravian Program, in addition to the Writing Center and Writing Fellows program, oversees first-year writing, writing in the disciplines, and faculty development in the teaching of writing, critical reading, and information/digital literacy.